Let’s change things up today and talk pumpkins, painted pumpkins! What about polka dot painted pumpkins?
It’s so flippin hot here and maybe just maybe if I start writing about Fall, my mind will forget all about this hot and humid summer and think it’s time for Fall? Maybe, but probably not!!
Many of you are already experiencing cooler weather so I thought you might enjoy seeing my pumpkins.
Last year I showed you how I was using fake pumpkins to keep the real ones from spoiling during the heat.
I painted them with yellow polka dots and used them for decorating my home last Fall.
Here is a Fall centerpiece that was made using the pumpkins.
I chose yellow, since it’s a very trendy color right now and I wanted the pumpkins to look a bit more current.
I used them to decorate my front door area too.
These are very easy to paint, therefore is a project that beginners or children can tackle with no problem.
- pumpkins~ fake or real
- craft paint
- spray paint
- circled shaped object for tracing circles on your pumpkins (I used the top of a water bottle)
- paint brush
4 Simple Steps
- spray paint your pumpkins your preferred color. You can always use craft paint, however spray paint is just quicker. I used an off white cheap brand.
- place your circle on the pumpkin and trace circles randomly. You can even add different sizes if you want.
- Use craft paint and paint your circles.
- Let your pumpkins completely dry before using. You can even embellish your pumpkins with ribbon.
Are ready to start decorating your home with pumpkins?